Do you grab a quick slice of toast for breakfast and then find yourself starving by 10am, filling up on coffees to get you through until lunch? The mornings are often rushed for so many reasons: kids breakfasts and school-runs, dog walks or a long commute means leaving the house early. Or you’d just rather stay in bed that little bit longer (and fair enough!).
Try these breakfast ideas, which are super quick and will keep you feeling full through the morning.
- 50g oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 200 ml milk of choice
- Large handful frozen mixed berries 1 banana
- 1 tbsp nut butter (optional)
Combine dry ingredients and milk until well mixed and pour over the frozen berries. Place in fridge overnight. In the morning chop and add the banana and nut butter.
3 egg feta & spinach omelette
- 3 eggs
- Tsp olive oil
- Large handful spinach
- Small handful of feta
- Small handful of parsley or coriander 50ml milk of choice
- Slice of rye or wholegrain sourdough
Beat eggs with milk.
Gently heat olive oil in frying pan.
Pour eggs into frying pan, pull edges of omelette away to keep it cooking through Once the eggs are almost cooked add spinach and feta and fold in half (still in the pan) Serve on toasted bread once spinach has wilted. Add herbs.
- 1 banana, chopped (you can chop and freeze ripe bananas so you have them ready to go).
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- Vanilla protein powder of choice
Pour all ingredients into a blender until smooth. Decant into a thermos to take to work or enjoy at home if you have time.